Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Risk Management
at Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
The Director of Risk Management is responsible for developing and overseeing WPCU’s risk management programs.
- Developing and overseeing WPCU’s Enterprise Risk Management Programs ;
- Working with business unit leaders to ensure operating risks are properly identified, measured and controlled and an enterprise-wide compliance program is effectively in place;
- Ensuring all regulatory required risk assessments, including an Enterprise Risk Assessment, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Risk Assessment, and Red Flags/Identity Theft Risk Assessment, are prepared and updated as required,
- Serving as a key supporter of the credit union’s Enterprise Risk Committee;
- Serving as a key Leader for WPCU Senior Management’s Enterprise Risk Management Team (ERMT);
- Staying current on risk management trends and best practices;
- Supervising the, Risk Manager, Vendor Management and Business Continuity staff, including developing the technical, supervisory, and leadership skills of subordinates.
 WPCU manages operating risks according to the following 9 categories: credit risk, liquidity risk, interest rate risk, concentration risk, transaction risk, compliance risk, strategic risk, information security risk, and reputation risk.
The Director of Risk Management must possess a demonstrated knowledge of depository financial institution compliance, risk management, and fraud control. The following are also required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting or related field is required (master’s degree preferred);
- At least five years’ experience in a management position related to the primary objectives of the position;
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex laws and regulations that govern financial institutions;
- Ability to promptly recognize transactional fraud and take steps to minimize losses and/or prevent reoccurrence; and
- At least three years’ experience leading and managing subordinates is required.
- Recognized professional certifications in the diverse area of Risk Management such as Certified Risk Manager, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Credit Union Enterprise Risk Management Expert (CUERME), RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional (RIMS-CRMP) are desired.