Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Operational Risk Information Security (L12)
This role is responsible for performing the Operational Risk Oversight of information risks across Synchrony. The candidate will engage with various business functions that are accountable for managing information risks to independently assess, identify, monitor and report on information risks. This position reports into the VP, Information Risk Oversight.
- Perform continuous independent assessment and monitoring of information security risks in the protection, detection, response and recovery of security events
- Provide effective challenge during functional risk assessments, due diligence efforts and strategy implementations
- Execute disciplined issues management process to ensure that operational risk issues are reported, monitored and escalated as necessary
- Evaluate exception requests around information risk appetite, policies and guidelines
- Develop and manage independent metrics with appropriate triggers to enable efficient monitoring information risks and emerging threats
- Maintain the second line of defense Information Risk Oversight Framework (IROF) to plan, track and report on risks and related control effectiveness
- Provide updates on oversight activities and information risks to the Technology Risk Sub Committee
- Coordinate with other cross functional risk teams on development of ongoing monitoring and risk testing plans for information security
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Risk Management or related field ( Computer Science, Engineering, etc) with a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience (including military) in Information Technology
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 9 years' relevant experience (including military) in Information Technology
- 2+ years of experience in Information Security, Information Security Audit or Information Security Risk Management roles
- Strong knowledge of network, web, and mobile security
- Understanding of legal, regulatory and industry best practices applicable to information risk
- Experience in developing and presenting strategies, recommendations and independent assessments to senior leadership teams
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CSIRT
- Familiarity with consumer lending products and practices
- Strong influencing skills and ability to drive initiatives to completion within the agreed upon time frame
- Results-driven with ability to manage a diverse team and multiple complex assignments
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.