Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Acceleration Program - Microservices Internship (L07)
Please also ensure to apply using the following job links in addition to this posting:
Miami University- https://miamioh.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2090671?ref=employer-show
University of Dayton- https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2090359
The Technical Acceleration Program (TAP) internship is a year-round, flexible internship where students focus on emerging technology projects related to Data Engineering, Microservices Development, or Information Security. Students pursuing collegiate degrees freshman-senior work flexible hours in one of these specializations as part of a team where we’ll hope you can help us be on the forefront of technology.
This internship is for students who are looking to get a critical jump start on a career in technology. These projects offer an array of opportunities to gain valuable hands-on experience, specifically developing applications based on microservices architecture. You’ll have opportunities to gain in-depth technical knowledge across the development lifecycle of microservices, giving you unique perspectives & skillset. You will get to work with, and learn, the following:
- Platform | JEE platforms including Spring Boot and Spring Cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Database | MySQL, Oracle, GemFire
- Agile methodology
- DevOps (including CI/CD)
The internship will be spent working side by side technology experts and peers where you will apply your knowledge to complete challenging technical projects. Exposure to these real-life technical projects will accelerate your career and develop your skills in a cutting edge global technology environment.
- Must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing computer science, information systems, computer engineering or information assurance / cyber security is preferred - additional technical majors or other relevant majors with technical concentration may be applicable
- Excellent academic record - Minimum overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Available for a minimum of one full semester internship, with the desire for multi-semester interns
- Must be able available for a minimum of 5 hours a week
- Must be able to commute to local Synchrony facility
- Passion and aptitude for technology
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work in teams effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for excellence with high integrity, and commitment to quality
- Relevant experience in technology or demonstrated interest in technology
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.