Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Administrative Assistant
Provide a full range of administrative services for the Payment Solutions Marketing (PSM) team as well as all Kettering based marketing employees, totaling approximately 90. Primary responsibilities for the PSM team include originating, processing and updating purchase orders as well as overseeing and communicating changes, deadlines, and general expectations. Most importantly, individual plays a key role in onboarding new and transferred employees and helping others navigate through technical logistics and requirements necessary to perform his/her job.
- Onboard new or transferred employees. Determine cube, set up phone, order computer, etc. For existing employees, assist with opening help tickets. Teach others how to navigate through processes and requirements.
- Process and track Purchase Orders and invoices for merchant application incentives and consumer rebates. Set up new clients or suppliers in Buy to Pay system. Post Business Center messages. Increase purchase orders as needed and research/fix any issues.
- Organize meetings as requested. Book rooms, invite attendees, order food, request table and chair layout, ensure all equipment is up and running, and trouble shoot/remedy if technical difficulties occur.
- Order general supplies for the team. Print and bind client presentations, place business card orders, fulfill supply requests from merchants for Learning Center and Sling, sign for packages, sort and distribute mail.
- Communicate all business and marketing activities and distribute items. Plan holiday party. Keep marketing area attractive, including storage rooms. Announce holidays and birthdays.
- Complete special projects as assigned, including major facility moves or changes, diversity group item/fund raisers, and executive leader tasks.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Associate or bachelor’s degree OR in lieu of degree 9+ years of administration experience.
- 4+ years overall administration
- 2+ years financial administration
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization. Passion for helping people and serving as a resource.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid financial and technical skills
- Able to identify course of action to resolve problems. Strong referral network.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and with minimal supervision
- Dedicated, flexible and dependable team player
- Ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information
- Impeccable organization and efficiency skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and self-confidence
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.