Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Scrum Master
This exciting position will be to work in the Robotic Process Automation Center of Excellence (RPA CoE) under the CTO AI and Emerging Technology team. The AVP/Scrum Master will lead Synchrony in leveraging the Agile/Scrum framework to deliver Robotic Process Automation (RPA) projects. The Scrum Master will leverage JIRA to facilitate the Agile process, and will serve as the servant leader of multiple Scrum Teams in iterative delivery of high impact high value RPA Bots.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies for specific technical tracks including: sprint iteration planning, backlog grooming, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and release planning.
- Encourages collaboration and proactively seeks opportunities to improve collaboration between distributed analytic teams
- Proactively plans and collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of services for the designated products and projects.
- Assists with internal and external communication by transparently radiating information, especially relative to historical team metrics, progress towards iteration and release goals, and team capacity
- Manages release plans, iteration plans, budgets, forecasting and status reporting for the designated projects.
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking
- Proactively identifies and removes blockers, limits work in progress and prevents distractions
- Facilitates frequent retrospectives, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements
- Leads agile projects from the initial project backlog creation and planning activities through demonstration and release deployment with responsibility for all aspects of the teams’ productivity for all phases of the project.
- Leads risk and issue identification, and mitigation activities with the project team including escalating those in a proactive and professional fashion when appropriate.
- Ensures development stories, acceptance criteria, assumptions, and all related documentation are timely and complete, supporting development, testing, and user acceptance activities.
- Ensures timely and accurate communication and distribution of project information to all appropriate team members and stakeholders.
- Identify differences in understanding and issues as they arise and elevate them to the team for resolution, or to management if needed
- Work with multiple co-located and distributed Scrum teams (off-shore and on-shore)
- Manage Sprints - keeping order, process, delivery, priorities accurate and on time
- Work with Product Owners and QA team (off-shore) to ensure that testing and feedback is completed in a timely manner and meeting the Sprint timelines
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams
- Embrace a servant leader role across scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and removing impediments and dependencies
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Technology
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Scrum Master or in project management leading Agile teams working on configurable solutions, software products, or cloud "as a service" products
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in the proactive, passionate improvement of software development process and practices to optimize business value delivery.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or equivalent a plus.
- Prior Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools experience (Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc.) highly desirable, with experience with Automation Anywhere preferred
- Ability to balance real world approach with Agile philosophy
- Experience with software development life-cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to expertly remove obstacles for the team or direct obstacles to appropriate owners for resolution quickly
- Comfortable working with and influencing a wide range of roles and levels (e.g. Compliance, Legal, IT)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and scrum teams in parallel is a must
- Self-starter with ability to accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion, to work as individual contributor, mentor junior level staff, and to contribute as part of a larger team.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.