Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP Digital Applications Support Engineer (L11)
The AVP, Digital Applications Support Engineer will be a critical piece role in both Operations and Engineering, that helps in defining and implementing improvements to software, systems, and processes. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a role spanning development, support, and DevOps - working across teams to ensure customer success. Our digital applications are mission critical and support millions of users. Rapid troubleshooting and resolution of issues is key to our success.
- Partners with agile software engineering teams in systems design and build, mostly involving agile teams
- Designs, implements, and improves upon distributed highly-available systems. Improves scalability and stability through better concurrency models
- Partners with web application teams and Architects in implementation of technology strategy and roadmap
- Supports operational activities to ensure systems availability, stability, security and performance. Tasks include maintenance and support, root cause analysis, systems validation, performance tuning, and capacity management
- Troubleshoots issues in on-call support, and documents problem resolution steps
- Establishes platform health reporting guidelines and communication plans
- Designs and implements monitoring, alerting and appropriate metrics to track and report performance and operational efficiency
- Drives technical innovation and efficiency in web operations via simplification and automation
- Researches and recommends on evolving web technologies, including mobile, Cloud technologies and social media
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology; OR In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing web and application platforms preferably JEE platforms
- Experience with Oracle Weblogic
- Training and/or Certification in Web systems design and architecture
- Strong system troubleshooting skills
- Work experience in the Financial Industry
- Ability to achieve results in a cross-functional matrix organization involving multiple technologies, personnel and processes
- Good organizational, leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience in communication with internal/external clients
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 - 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.\
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.