Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analyst, Pricing & BD - Pricing
The Senior Pricing Analyst role will be part of a team providing companywide cardholder pricing analytics. This role will be responsible for multiple projects and cross-functional initiatives focusing on concepts like Annual Percentage Rates, finance charges, and fees. This includes understanding current portfolio performance, providing ad-hoc regulatory reporting, analyzing revenue impact from various changes, and evaluating cost-saving measures and process improvements.
- Leverage SAS programming to provide primary analytics support to develop and implement pricing strategies/programs, including, but not limited to:
- Evaluate revenue impact due to changes in internal and/or external factors
- Track various pricing programs to determine effectiveness and make recommendations
- Conduct Ad Hoc analysis as required
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and execute reports/programs
- Monitor competitive landscape for best practice and revenue opportunities
- Learn and incorporate new types of data from external sources and all customer touch points to improve customer contact and experience balanced with compliance and financial impact.
- Comfortable with large data sets, detail orientated, and clear thinking
- Make an effective personal contribution to the sharing of knowledge, ideas and information across the business.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or quantitative-focused field. In lieu of degree, 5 years equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ experience in programming, preferably in SAS or SQL
- 1+ years of analytics experience
- Advanced degree in business, engineering, or other quantitative field
- Analytics experience in credit card / consumer businesses, credit card risk strategy, cardholder pricing, cardholder marketing, or regulatory compliance
- Solid understanding of card industry financial P&L drivers and key sensitivities, with business performance reporting experience
- Understanding of modeling and segmentation
- Proven track record of synthesizing complex data and communicating the results to senior leadership
- Think strategically and ability to identify business opportunities with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity/ambiguity and multiple initiatives
- Detail oriented and willing and able to investigate outliers as needed
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, glean and form business insights under aggressive timelines
- Ability to synthesize/analyze diverse information, develop and recommend strategies
- Strong project management, communications, multi-tasking, ability to work independently, relationship management skills are keys to success
- Strong project management, communications, multitasking, ability to work independently, relationship management skills are keys to success
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 52,000.00 - 110,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Finance
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.