Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PATIENT SCHED & REFERRAL ASSOC
at Premier Health
TheScheduling and Referral Management Associate (SRA) is responsible for facilitating,scheduling and communicating details of patient appointments, appointmentinstructions, insurance pre-authorizations, and reporting according to healthcare providers' orders and under the supervision of the Referral Management Centersupervisor, reporting to the Premier Health Connect Manager.
Theposition of SRA will review health care provider referral orders and coordinatewith patients and other health provider offices to schedule referredappointments, determining whether insurance pre-authorization is necessary andcarrying out the pre-authorization process. The SRA will follow up referredappointments to ensure patients receive timely care. The SRA position includes, but is not limitedto scheduling, phone calls, clerical, organizational, reporting tasks, andrelated duties.
Responsibilities(will include some or all the following):
1. Reviewand process incoming provider referral orders accurately and timely.
2. Maintaina functional understanding of medical terminology and medical professional specialties.
3. Providechart documentation and apply appropriate medical terminology to all patientinteractions.
4. Completerequired insurance pre-authorizations in a timely manner.
5. Providepatients with appropriate information regarding preparation for referredappointments and instructions, including maps and/or directions, to thefacility or office.
6. Participatein a team environment scheduling patient appointments for PPN practices.
7. Learntemplates, “guardrail” rules and telephone system to be able to workindependently within one or two specialties.
8. Handletelephone inquiries per Premier Health patient experience and behavioralstandards.
9. ReviewEpic charts for completion of notes and communication entries.
10. Completereferral and scheduling functions within prescribed department goals andexpectations.
11. Assistsupervisor in referral data collection and reporting as requested.
12. Providepatient and office feedback to supervisor.
13. Followinformation security and patient privacy laws and guidelines.
14. Participatein quality initiatives and implement as required.
15. Responsiblefor other duties as assigned.
1. MinimumHigh School diploma or equivalent certificate required.
2. Proficientin basic computer skills. Working knowledge of Epic scheduling is preferred.
3. Soundknowledge of medical terminology.
4. Minimumsix (6) months' experience in an ambulatory care environment.
5. Abilityto prioritize and perform multiple tasks in fast-paced environment.
6. Self-motivatedto achieve the highest patient care and patient experience standards.
7. Schedulingflexibility to accommodate the needs of the department.