Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hardware Engineer 1 (Beavercreek)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant's knowledge of the business and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual's growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Conducts research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components. Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related engineering/technical degree
- Have a GPA of 3.25 or higher (unofficial transcripts required when you apply)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Programming & hardware description language (HDL) experience to include at least one of the following: C and/or C , Verilog or VHDL
- Have a GPA of 3.7
- Experience with Register-transfer Level (RTL) code development using VHDL
- Experience with firmware/VHDL design in Xilinx environments
- Experience with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design software (Cadence OrCAD preferred)
- Embedded software development and test experience
- Experience with DoD engineering processes, including systems and software component requirements derivation
- Design experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) design on preferably Xilinx System‐on‐a‐Chip FPGAs
- Experience with Matlab, System Generator or similar DSP design and simulation tools
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred) and VxWorks environments
- Experience with configuration control in LINUX and VxWorks environments
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.