Newcomer Funeral Service Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Support Staff - Funeral Attendant (Dayton)
at Newcomer Funeral Service Group
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 22cdb9fd-3108-4c77-874c-816b0d78be6f
The position will assist the managing funeral director, funeral directors or supervising persons, as the case may be, with services and operating procedures of the funeral business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with families, co-workers and management.
- Provide assistance to the supervising persons.
- Greet visitors to the funeral homes, directing them to the appropriate areas such as arrangement office, business office, chapel or visitation rooms. Making the visitors as comfortable as possible, seeing that their needs are met.
- Answer phones, providing information, taking messages, and transferring calls as needed.
- Drive limousine, funeral coach or service van. Transporting families, flowers, personal belongings, casket and remains, flower racks, register stands and other necessary items.
- As assigned, make sure all necessary and proper equipment and items are available for service.
- Assist with funerals acting as an usher, handing out service folders, placing and closing caskets.
- Light housekeeping which includes such things as vacuuming, dumping trash, changing light bulbs, walking the grounds and picking up litter and general straightening up.
- Record flowers prior to service.
- Assist with visitations to include such things as greeting visitors and making them comfortable.
- Conducting business related errands such as picking up or delivering death certificates, office supplies, funeral service personnel, or other related business.
The above duties are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities for this position nor are they intended to be a listing of prerequisite skills and abilities. The purpose of this job description is to describe the general nature of the position.
- The position requires the ability to do some occasional stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 30 pounds for short distances and with assistance up to 75 lbs and some light housekeeping as described.
- Conservative professional dress as detailed in dress code policy.
- Possess a valid Driver's License and meet the driving performance standards as determined by management. MVR’s may be reviewed annually for compliance, and any conviction or at-fault accidents should be immediately reported to management.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexibility in hours worked. Hours are varied depending on the number of services. Hours available include 8 am – 9:00 pm Sunday through Saturday.
High School or equivalent