Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Avionics Engineer – Weapons Systems
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is hiring a Senior Avionics Engineer in Beavercreek, OH. We are co-owned by more than 900 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Why is MTSI known as one of the Best Places to Work in the Dayton area?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most critical programs.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide discussions three times a year.
- Great Benefits: start with 20 days PTO, 10 holidays, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan. As employee owners, the choice is simple to take care of people and each other.
- Track Record of Success: We will celebrate 25 years in business in 2018. We'll also be celebrating 25 years of consecutive growth.
- Advise and assist in managing the development, integration and sustainment of advanced aircraft weapon systems, subsystems, devices and support equipment with a particular emphasis on avionics.
- Conduct analysis of requirements and capabilities to fulfill program requirements, including system performance and reliability.
- Provide technical knowledge on Network Enabled Weapon (NEW) interfaces and engineering support for weapons integration information exchange requirements.
- Apply knowledge of systems engineering in support of system definition, development, integration, verification methods, sustainment, risk modeling/simulation, T&E, human system integration, crew stations engineering, OSS&E efforts, interoperability requirements, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems, including ground-based systems.
- Participate in and assist in the planning of systems engineering risk assessments by establishing a risk management review, coordinating action item status, and updating risk management metrics.
- Support the planning and execution of the Airworthiness Review Board Meeting in support of obtaining military flight releases/Military Type Certificates.
- Plan, analyze and evaluate engineering, technical and product support efforts used to a) define total weapons systems/subsystem requirements, b) translate requirements into design criteria, c) evaluate alternative design approaches and d) develop system specifications for the systems and subsystems. Work with Government and Industry engineering, product support, manufacturing and program manager personnel, including technical experts from various DoD entities in an R&D focused environment.
Required Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Avionics Engineer with at least 10 years of experience
- Experience with weapon (air-to-air, air-to-ground, nuclear) system development
- Knowledge with weapon systems (e.g. JDAM, SDB I, SDB II, AMRAAM, AIM-9X, JAGM, B61).
- Experience with next generation data-link technology highly desired
- Knowledge of electronics engineering concepts, theories, principles and concepts and application to system design, architecture and integration is required
- Highly desirable to have aircraft weapon system, subsystems (especially avionics), electronics and technical data experience on ACAT I aircraft acquisition program(s) across the DoD
Education Requirement: Requires a Bachelor's degree in electronics/electrical engineering, or related technical field
Clearance Requirements: Must have relevant experience with SAP/SAR or TS/SCI program content within last five (5) years (e.g. briefed into special access information)
Note: US Citizenship is required for this position due to contract requirements