Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Aircraft/Aerospace Engineer
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is hiring a Senior Avionics Systems Engineer in Bevercreek, OH. We are co-owned by more than 800 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Why is MTSI known as one of the Best Places to Work in the Dayton area?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most critical programs.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide discussions three times a year.
- Great Benefits: start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan. As employee owners, the choice is simple to take care of people and each other.
- Track Record of Success: We will celebrate 25 years in business in 2018. We'll also be celebrating 25 years of consecutive growth.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
- Advise and assist in managing the development, integration and sustainment of advanced aircraft weapon systems, subsystems, devices and support equipment
- Conduct analysis of requirements and capabilities to fulfill program requirements, including system performance and reliability.
- Plan, analyze and evaluate engineering, technical and product support efforts used to a) define total weapons systems/subsystem requirements, b) translate requirements into design criteria, c) evaluate alternative design approaches and d) develop system specifications for the systems and subsystems.
- Establish preliminary design and performance characteristics from development through production and service use
- Review proposed engineering changes
- Work with Government and Industry engineering, product support, manufacturing and program manager personnel, including technical experts from various DoD entities in an R&D focused environment
Required Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- An Engineer with at least 10 years of experience with aircraft weapon systems, subsystems, electronics and technical data
Knowledge of aircraft engineering concepts, theories, principles and application to system design, architecture and integration is required
Highly desirable to have experience with developmental and operational test
and evaluation, intelligence analysis and production.
- Work experience with multiple DoD and/or AF organizations
- Must have relevant experience with SAP/SAR or TS/SCI program content within last five (5) years (e.g. briefed into special acces information and accustomed to handling classified, special access information)
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in electronics/electrical engineering, or related field
- Must have a TOP SECRET clearance
Note: US Citizenship is required for this position due to contract requirements