Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Learning Developers/Engineers
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Program Management
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is hiring Machine Learning Developers/Engineers. We are co-owned by more than 900 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Why is MTSI known as one of the Best Places to Work in the Dayton area?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most critical programs.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide discussions three times a year.
- Great Benefits: start with 20 days PTO, 10 holidays, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan. As employee owners, the choice is simple to take care of people and each other.
- Track Record of Success: We will celebrate 25 years in business in 2018. We'll also be celebrating 25 years of consecutive growth.
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
MTSI is seeking Machine Learning Developers/Engineers with a background in the Intelligence Community.
All experience levels, to include entry level will be considered. Candidates will work collaboratively in a team to assist in developing cutting edge algorithms for target discrimination, scene and event characterization, contextual learning and estimation, sensor to sensor handover, and sensor signal and image processing. Candidate will help develop and test algorithms that will be used in operational processing and analysis systems. Highly creative and flexible approaches are the goal and out-side-box thinking is critical.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Measurement and Signatures Intelligence, Geospatial Intelligence and/or Imagery Intelligence (MASINT/GEOINT/IMINT) either as an analyst or tools developer combined with software development experience. The ideal candidate will also have experience coordinating with personnel from multiple organizations in a team-focused environment. This position also requires the ability perform at a high-level while flexing between multiple ongoing activities. This is a highly dynamic position and requires flexibility, analytical skills, sound judgement and the ability to operate independently.
• Candidates should have a previous experience/training in MASINT/GEOINT/IMINT (5-10 years is desired). A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (engineering, computer science, physics, etc.) or intelligence analysis in those disciplines is desired.
• Candidates should possess a solid working knowledge and experience base in the development of algorithms related to the technology areas above.
• Candidates must be motivated self-starters who are able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, often with minimal guidance and within rigid timelines.
• Candidates must have the ability to interact with industry partners and data suppliers, work well with coworkers and interface with customers, all at disparate locations.
• Candidates must have outstanding communication skills in conveying complex technical and business issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products.
• Candidates must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply them in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at any given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects).
• Previous experience in project management and task order-level proposal development and/or business development is desired.
• Familiarity with the Department of Defense (DoD) and the United States Intelligence Community (IC) is desired but not necessary.
• The candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to the Dayton, Ohio area
• Specific experience with algorithm and software tools development, maintenance or modification
• Experience with estimation techniques, Kalman filters, extended Kalman filters, maximum likelihood estimation and similar technologies is also an area of interest.
• Specific experience in the Intelligence Community is a discriminator.
An active SECRET clearance is required. An active TS/SCI clearance is desired.
B.S. degree in a technical field (computer science, electrical, or computer engineering, or sciences such as physics or chemistry) is desired. Domain-specific military or intelligence analyst training and experience can be substituted for a degree.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required.