Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior - Mid Level Aerospace Systems GNC Engineer
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Systems Engineering
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an Junior to Mid Level Aerospace Engineer to join our growing team.
At MTSI, our more than 900 Co-Owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry, and that you have many options to choose from for employment. As a 100% employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 26th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO/year plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual performance bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a junior- to mid-level engineer with experience in guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) system analysis, modeling, and software development. Candidates will be responsible for GNC system characterization; software development and analysis; data processing and analysis; and development of model representations and simulations. Candidates will have an opportunity to work with and learn from a team of experienced engineers and senior subject matter experts.
• Candidates should have at least three years experience in guidance, navigation and control system analysis that could relate to algorithm development; inertial and satellite navigation technology; sensor fusion and integration techniques; and classical and modern controls. Candidates should have knowledge of guidance and navigation techniques of various aerospace vehicles and an understanding of kinematics and dynamics, and how to model them.
• Candidates should have demonstrated skill sets in modeling, simulation, and analysis software such as MATLAB/Simulink and experience in at least one or more programming languages such as C, C++, and Python.
• The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, often with minimal guidance and within rigid timelines.
• The candidate must have outstanding communication skills in conveying complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products. The candidate must also have outstanding technical writing and presentation development skills.
• The candidate must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply them in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at any given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects).
• The candidate should possess familiarity with the Department of Defense (DoD) and the United States Intelligence Community (IC).
• The candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to the Dayton, Ohio area.
• Specific experience with inertial instruments, inertial measurement units, and global satellite navigation systems and their use in navigation and guidance systems.
• Specific experience in performing guidance and control error analysis
• Specific experience developing flight dynamics models of aerospace vehicles and detailed subsystem models of guidance, navigation, and control components and algorithms
• Programming skills in MATLAB, Simulink, C/C++, and Python
B.S. degree or higher in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering.
An active SECRET clearance is required. An active TS clearance with SCI eligibility is desired.