Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aerospace HWIL Systems Engineer
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Systems Engineering
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking an up and coming Aerospace HWIL Systems Engineer to join our growing team.
At MTSI, our more than 900 Co-Owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry, and that you have many options to choose from for employment. As a 100% employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 26th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO/year plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual performance bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a junior or mid-level engineer to develop, operate, maintain, upgrade, and modify, as needed, software and hardware in the loop (HWIL) simulation environments used in the testing of aerospace systems (e.g. autonomous systems, missiles, SATNAV, and other aerospace systems). These efforts would include integration of existing aerospace system software models with actual system hardware and software components for developing a robust and verifiable HWIL test scenario. We are looking for an enthusiastic problem solver with a demonstrated ability to solve difficult hardware and software integration challenges. Additional responsibilities include documenting all software and hardware characteristics and changes to existing and new HWIL simulation environments; test architecture design and test planning; experimental design and test execution; data collection and analysis; and report generation.
• At least 3 years of experience with developing hardware or software in the loop simulations for aerospace systems with an emphasis on integration of software models, such as detailed sub-system models and flight dynamics models, and actual system hardware.
• Virtual and constructive simulation
• Experience with real time operating systems (Windows and Linux-based)
• Programming/software experience (C, C++, MATLAB/Simulink, Python)
• Hardware in the Loop system build and test experience
• Guidance, Navigation, and Control system experience
• GNSS/SATNAV experience
• Enthusiastic problem solver with a demonstrated ability to solve difficult hardware and software integration challenges.
• Motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal guidance.
• The candidate must have good analytic skills and be able to communicate complex technical issues both orally and in writing and will be responsible for the creation of all required data products, test reports, and other documentation as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
An active SECRET clearance is required. An active TS clearance with SCI eligibility is desired.