Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Technician-Operating Room-Soin Medical Center (days)
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Surgical Services
- Job Type
- First Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 0700-1900 (12 hr days)
- 72 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 0.90
Taking pride in our Sacred Work, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for our patients and their families. We strive to improve the quality of life of those in our community. Located in southwest Ohio, Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, nine emergency departments and 120 outpatient facilities.
- Strong connection to our local community in Greene County through our Greene Memorial Foundation supporting and sponsoring over 300 events every year.
- Close knit, growing community; Neighbors serving Neighbors
- Quarterly Townhall meetings for campus and KHN network updates
- Monthly employee engagement activities including; food trucks, ice cream socials, etc.
- Beavercreek’s 675 is one of the fasted growing corridors in the state of Ohio bringing new business, restaurants, and retailers regularly.
- Our serene, hotel-style environment is specifically designed to promote peace and healing.
- Award Winning chefs
- Click here to learn more!
Responsibilities & Requirements
- The Surgical Tech functions as a vital part of the surgical team at Kettering Medical Center
- Responsible for assisting in direct care to patients; surgical techs continually support surgeons and nurses by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants
- The Surgical Tech’s actions and communications should reflect Kettering Health Networks mission, vision, values, and policies in interactions with patients, families, and coworkers
- Associates in Surgical Technology from an approved school
- Certification from the National board of Surgical Technology (NBSTA) or applicable on the job or military training. Surgical Techs without proper certification must acquire certification within one year of hire date.
- Current BLS certification is required.
- Surgical experience preferred
- Experience as a ST preferred
- OR skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- On-Call Required