Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Relations Representative - FT - Soin Medical
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Patient Care Support
- Job Type
- First Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 80 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 1.0
- Acts as a liaison between patients and the institution as a whole, and between the institution and the public that it serves.
- Functions as a representative of KMC Administration, providing a specific channel through which patients can seek improved communication and solutions to problems, concerns and un-met needs.
- Assists facilitation of the grievance process, Safe Medical Device Reporting and Incident Report process.
- Maintains data entry system in the documentation of patient complaints, grievances, requests and their resolution according to CMS guidelines.
- Maintains direct verbal and written communication including highly sensitive legal and ethical information with all levels within the organization, including CEO, COO, Vice Presidents, legal counsel, physicians, leadership and Risk Management.
Responsibilities & Requirements
College Degree: Baccalaureate Degree in a Human Services related field: Education, Social Work, Psychology, Public Relations, Nursing or a related field required.
Minimum Work Experience
Experience in a hospital patient care related field
- Knowledge of hospital organization, policies, departments and personnel needs
- Skilled in investigation, research, documentation, listening, reporting, problem solving, interpersonal relations and stress management.
- Possess working knowledge of medical and legal terms, court procedures, medical record guidelines and hospital policy and procedure process
- Computer operations, letter writing, typing and email use (Microsoft Office Applications, Midas and Epic)
- Commission as an Ohio Notary Public or obtain commission within 6 months of employment
- Must have critical thinking, excellent listening skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple high priority tasks
- Ability to mediate and de-escalate conflict and confrontation
- Knowledge of and adherence to HIPAA privacy laws and requirements
- 85-95% of cases closed in 7 days
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to assess situations, identify key issues and plan appropriate course of action
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate communication between patients, visitors, staff, physicians and administration
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services guidelines for grievance resolution