Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Assistant - Soin Medical Center - Med Surg 3 - Full-Time - Nights
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Nursing Assistant
- Job Type
- 12 Hour Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 1900-0700 (12 hr nights)
- 72 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 0.90
Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 12,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
- Strong connection to our local community in Greene County through our Greene Memorial Foundation supporting and sponsoring over 300 events every year.
- Close knit, growing community; Neighbors serving Neighbors
- Quarterly Townhall meetings for campus and KHN network updates
- Monthly employee engagement activities including; food trucks, ice cream socials, etc.
- Beavercreek’s 675 is one of the fasted growing corridors in the state of Ohio bringing new business, restaurants, and retailers regularly.
- Our serene, hotel-style environment is specifically designed to promote peace and healing.
- Award Winning chefs
- Click here to learn more!
Responsibilities & Requirements
- The Health Unit Coordinator/Nursing Assistant (HUC/NA), a combination of the Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) and Nursing Assistant (NA) roles, serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- The HUC/NA collaborates with unit leadership in coordinating the day to day activities of the patient care unit. This includes the processing of patient records and ongoing communication with nursing staff, physicians and interdepartmental personnel.
- The HUC/NA serves as a resource for physicians and other members of the health care team for the electronic medical record.
- The HUC/NA performs nursing care skills that have been delegated by the licensed nurse. She/he plays an integral role in the patient care experience and both directly and indirectly impacts the perception of care.
Applicants Must Have:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Health Coordinator training.
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant Orientation and/or an abbreviated Nursing Assistant orientation for student nurses
- One year experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital or a long term care facility.
- Student Nurses who have successfully completed their first clinical experience with documentation of skills from clinical faculty are exempt from the this requirement
Would Prefer Applicants Have:
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR