Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Pharmacy - Soin Medical Center
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Varied Shifts
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 80 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 1.0
Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 12,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Life, Voluntary Life / Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care)
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans (403(b), 457(b)); employer matching
- Tuition Assistance after six months of employment with solid or above performance
- Employee/Family Drop-in Care for minor health issues
- Dependent Back-up Care (Children, Adults, & Elders)
- Employee Assistance Program support services for work-life balance
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Strong connection to our local community in Greene County through our Greene Memorial Foundation supporting and sponsoring over 300 events every year.
- Close knit, growing community; Neighbors serving Neighbors
- Quarterly Townhall meetings for campus and KHN network updates
- Monthly employee engagement activities including; food trucks, ice cream socials, etc.
- Beavercreek’s 675 is one of the fasted growing corridors in the state of Ohio bringing new business, restaurants, and retailers regularly.
- Our serene, hotel-style environment is specifically designed to promote peace and healing.
- Award Winning chefs
- Click here to learn more!
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Supervise and assist in the provision of all aspects of drug preparation and distribution and is responsible for assuring the accuracy and appropriateness of medications that are prepared and dispensed by the Department of Pharmacy Services.
- Participate by membership or as a chairperson in departmental and/or organizational committees that have operational impact on the pharmaceutical provision of care to patients.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding and provide support in achieving the department’s key strategic initiatives.
- Supervise and evaluate work performance of employees within areas of responsibility.
- Provide the necessary skill sets to insure all aspects of drug preparation, distribution, and record keeping meet or exceed the legal and regulatory accreditation standards.
- Provide coordination of orientation, training and competency of pharmacy staff.
- Plan, develop and implement effective learning programs which maximize the skills and knowledge, of the professional and technical staff providing career enrichment and improving the pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Operate as department champion through the integration of new technology related to pharmacy automation. The application of unit-dose packaging, automation, aseptic and extemporaneous compounding in conjunction with USP standards will be an expectation of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from an accredited institution or PharmD is required; Master’s Degree Preferred.
- At least 5 years of hospital experience preferred, with 3 years of supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Ohio.