Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credentialed Medical Assistant - Advanced Women's Healthcare
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Medical Assistant
- Job Type
- First Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 80 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 1.0
Do you want to work with a team of highly engaged healthcare providers where you can make a direct impact on patient care for our community? If so, a Certified Medical Assistant is for you!
Kettering Physician Network employs more than 400 providers, including physicians and advanced practice providers, throughout the Greater-Dayton and Cincinnati areas. Offering an extensive range of specialties and expertise, our physicians provide comprehensive care at more than 120 locations.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Life, Voluntary Life / Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care)
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans (403(b), 457(b)); employer matching
- Tuition Assistance after six months of employment with solid or above performance
- Employee/Family Drop-in Care for minor health issues
- Dependent Back-up Care (Children, Adults, & Elders)
- Employee Assistance Program support services for work-life balance
- Wellness Incentive Program
Campus Highlights - SOIN
- Strong connection to our local community in Greene County through our Greene Memorial Foundation supporting and sponsoring over 300 events every year.
- Close knit, growing community; Neighbors serving Neighbors
- Quarterly Townhall meetings for campus and KHN network updates
- Monthly employee engagement activities including; food trucks, ice cream socials, etc.
- Beavercreek’s 675 is one of the fasted growing corridors in the state of Ohio bringing new business, restaurants, and retailers regularly.
- Our serene, hotel-style environment is specifically designed to promote peace and healing.
- Award Winning chefs
- Click here to learn more!
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under the supervision of the physician and/or practice manager, assists and delivers patient care duties, and provides administrative support throughout the practice.
The Credentialed Medical Assistant is responsible for:
- Assists physician in examinations.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician. Takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by physician. Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and forms.
- Keeps rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies. Prepares sterilization as required. Assists physicians with office based procedures.
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Completion of an accredited program that meets nationally accepted standards – certificate or degree in Medical Assisting or Medical Office Management; experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and public, follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks, be patient, courteous and tactful.
- Computer literate in use of word processing and email.
- Previous experience in a medical environment to gain practical knowledge in the following areas is preferred: examination process, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion.
- Experience in electronic medical records preferred.