Kettering Medical Center Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook - Part Time - Sycamore Glen Retirement Community
at Kettering Medical Center Network
- Job ID
- Job Category
- Nutrition/Food Services
- Job Type
- Second Shift
- # of Openings
- Shift Time
- 48 Hours Per Pay Period/FTE 0.60
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference and serve our community?
The Culinary and Nutrition Care department is looking for a dependable, positive Cook to help drive fresh, creative, and cutting edge meals for our residents, staff, family members and other guests.
Come join a highly motivated, mission driven team that has been locally and nationally recognized!
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Life, Voluntary Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care)
- Retirement Plans (403(b), 457(b)); employer matching
- Tuition Assistance after six months of employment with solid or above performance
- Employee/Family Drop-in Care for minor health issues
- Dependent Back-up Care (Children, Adults & Elders)
- Employee Assistance Program support services for work-life balance
- Wellness Incentive Program
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under the direction of the Sous Chef, the cook is responsible for:?
- Handling, storing, preparing, seasoning and cooking food for approximately 150 residents in an upscale, restaurant-style setting
- Adhering to HACCP and food codes
- Maintaining proper use and care of equipment and workstation
- Maintaining stock of items in an la carte kitchen and production areas by specified deadlines
- Monitoring and recording food temperatures at each meal
- Using appropriate protective equipment (PPE), food codes (Federal, Ohio, and HACCP) and good sanitation principles when completing tasks?
Applicants must have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in commercial scratch cooking
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to tolerate frequent temperature changes working with and around equipment that generates heat, steam, and cold
- Ability to earn ServSafe® Level 1 Certification?within 30 days of hire if not already certified
Kettering Health Network would prefer applicants have:
- ServSafe® Level 1 Certification