Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computer/Network Client Support Technician
at KBR, inc
KBRwyle requires an AFNET Client Service SupportTechnician (CST) to support tenant units at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, and other AFLCMC locations. This candidate will be responsible forrapidly setting up new users and providing initial support along with network troubleshooting capability.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Installing new components into existing systems.
· Installing system software patches and versionupgrades.
· Implementing NOTAM, TCNO, IAVM (InformationAssurance Vulnerability Management) and security scan vulnerability upgradesand Compliance Reporting.
· Troubleshooting and fixing hardware, OperatingSystem (OS) and Office Automation (OA) problems.
· Escalating trouble tickets
· Find root cause of network latency/outages
· Providing metrics and other support toAFLCMC/OZI for case study
· Knowledge of networking hardware andtroubleshooting
· Access requirements to all unclassified DoD and AF computingsystems.
· Must be familiar with security policy/manuals, and otherguiding policy documents
This position will be a key member of a high-impact,fast-paced, high visibility team. Keyskills required:Conflict resolutionProblem SolvingCritical and Creative ThinkingMulti-TaskingClear and well organized communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Problem Solving
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Clear and well organized communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Certifications:CompTIA Security CE to meet 8570 requirements
- CompTIA Security CE to meet 8570 requirements
- Certification as an Information AssuranceManager (IAM Level I) and Information Assurance Training (IAT) Level Irequiring certification per DoD 8570.01-M.
Education/Experience: At least five (5) years of IT/IA experienceis required. Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience. Theposition will allow various combinations of education and experience using a 1year of education for 1 year of experience substitution.
Current Secret Clearance
- Current Secret Clearance
· Proficiency in the Windows 7 and Windows 10operating systems (OS), Windows Group Policy Objects, DoD Cybersecurity, NISTRMF, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Endpoint SecuritySystem/Host based Security System (ESS/HBS) and DoD Public Key Infrastructure(PKI).
· Additional cybersecurity certifications (i.e.CISSP)
- Journeyman level knowledge of Sharepoint is a plus
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.