Core & Main
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales and Operations Associate
at Core & Main
- Job ID
- Job Post Category
- Remote Position?
- Position Type
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for coordinating with other departments in handling purchase orders and providing service to customers. Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed correspondence. Compile information and records to assess effectiveness of operational controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations. Maintain electronic records and systems. Ensure effective administrative support. May directly or indirectly support outside sales.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Enters operations information into the system; generates reports and checks for accuracy.
- Acts as a liaison between warehouse and customers and may pull, pack, ship, and load orders as required.
- Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix, as well as other tables, to determine the appropriate price. Develops code directives for certain products while maintaining target margin goals.
- Prepares and submits routine proposals; generates oral and written quotations.
- Procures and maintains inventory. Monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
- Resolves customer service issues, tracks open sales orders, and performs follow-ups to ensure the timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Services customers via telephone and/or walk-ins and ensures counters are properly stocked.
- Assists Operations Manager with branch operational duties as required.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co-worker or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8- 20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Customer service and industry experience.
- Experience with inventory sales and operations.
- Associate degree preferred.